Wednesday 29 November | 09.00 – 17.00
Wednesday Federico Hernandez-Alfaro, MD, DDS, PhD, FEBOMFS and Domingo Martin, MD, DDS will present a course on the orthodontic and surgical aspects of orthognathic surgery. We are very proud that they are willing to conduct the pre-conference course of BSSO2017. Their lectures will example the paradigm shift in the management of facial deformity. They will review a comprehensive approach towards orthognathic and facial correction.
|09:00||Clinical and virtual 3D planning|
|11:00||Orthodontic management: Pre-surgical and Post-surgical|
|13:30||Pre-surgical TMJ management
Minimally invasive surgery
|15:30||Adequate timing in orthognathic surgery|
Dr. Federico Hernández-Alfaro
Dr. Federico Hernández Alfaro (Pamplona 1964) leads the team at the Barcelona Maxillofacial Institute, offering you his long experience and specialization. He is a graduate in Medicine and Surgery and in Odontology, winning the Extraordinary Prize. He subsequently studied the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Barcelona and obtained his doctorate “Cum Laude” at the International University of Catalonia. He holds a diploma from the European Board of Oro-Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Doctor in Odontology at Catalonia International University.
- Certified by the European Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Titular Professor and Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department in the Universitat Internacional de Cataluña
- Director of the Orthognathic Surgery University Diploma in the Universitat Internacional de Cataluña
- Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Licensed in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Murcia.
- Licensed in Odontology from the University of Barcelona.
Dr. Domingo Martin
• Biology from the University of South California, USA
• Graduate in Medicine and Surgery from the University of the Basque Country
• Dentist from the University of the Basque Country
• Master's Degree in Orthodontics from the University of Valencia
• Visiting Professor at:
-Harvard University, USA
-Boston University, USA
-Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina
-International University of Catalunya, Barcelona
-University Complutense of Madrid
• Diploma in Orthodontics by FACE/Roth-Williams Center for Functional Occlusion
• Diploma Foundation for Bioesthetic Dentistry (OBI)
• Director of FACE/Roth-Williams Foundation in Spain and Portugal
• Juan Carol Prize for Best Presentation at the S.E.D.O 1991
• President of FACE/Roth-Williams International Society of Orthodontics
• President of Angle Society of Europe
• Graduate Member of the Spanish Orthodontics Society and Dentofacial Orthopedics (SEDO)
• Graduate Member of the European Orthodontics Society (EOS)
• Member of Angle Society of Europe
• Author of various specialized publications
• Lecturer at diverse national and international congresses, symposiums and conferences
• Private practice limited to orthodontics in San Sebastian, SPAIN
• FACE Member (Active)